I am a wife, a mother, a lover of books, nature, and good food, an aspiring writer & photographer, and forever a dreamer.
This blog is documenting my mostly self-taught journey into the world of photography. When I started this blog in October 2012, all I knew is that I am very interested in learning into photography and very keen to show other people my work. I also was/am keen to see other people’s work, to share ideas with fellow photography enthusiasts, to inspire maybe, and be inspired by. Now, after months of blogging and months of cultivating my knowledge and practising shooting various things/subjects, I started realising which genres I’d like to focus my attention on, which genres I aspire to be great in (because my passion along the way has just grown and grown), and most importantly which genres allow me to be fully me, which are most suitable to my personality.
Having tried out various types of photography (landscape, portraiture, wildlife/nature, monochrome, abstract/creative, still life, macro, culinary), I am settling now mostly into food photography & still life/creative. Besides food photography, I am also aiming to get into food documentary photography, when the time and opportunity arises.
Things you might like to learn about me:
- I come from Transylvania and have Szekler origins. My husband is from South-Africa, so we like to say jokingly that our daughter is a Zulu-Vampire.
- I am passionate about food & food cultures. I love cooking, not so much baking. I enjoy trying out new ideas/recipes, but most of the time I put my own personal touch on them (changing ingredients; taking away, but mostly adding spices, herbs). I love watching cooking shows on television. My latest discovery in terms of food inspiration is Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s Three Good Things.
- I love taking photos of flowers and plants. My favourite flowers are the forget-me-nots. I just love their graceful simplicity.
- I have/use a Nikon D5100, which I hogged from my husband. I am hoping to upgrade in the near future.
- I am secretly hoping to be discovered one day… Told you I was a dreamer.
I welcome any questions and suggestions you might have for me, here on this blog. There’s such a wonderful, talented, and inspiring community on here – I’m always keen to discover other people’s work and be inspired by it. Or even just to share ideas and grow our talents together.
My photos may be placed on websites and in print publications with the following reference: Image used with permission from Through My Eyes/abutlerkiss.wordpress.com. All websites that use my photographs must link back to https://abutlerkiss.wordpress.com. Thank you and enjoy!